The Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block is a solid, durable accessory that can be used to enhance your yoga workouts. It supports a range of exercises and yoga styles and has a high grip, heavyweight design which gives you the stability you need when you workout. Unlike many other yoga blocks, the Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block is harvested and constructed in an environmentally friendly way which actually boosts the health of cork trees and also ensures that the finished product is 100% natural and chemical free. The block itself weighs 1 pound and measures 9 inches by 5.5 inches by 3.5 inches.
Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block Features:
- 100% Natural Fiber Construction which means there’s none of the off gassing that you usually get with chemically treated products.
- Can be used for a range of exercises including backbends and a range of standing/sitting poses.
- Compatible with a range of yoga styles including Anusara Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Power Yoga and Restorative Yoga
- Fully Sustainable Harvesting Process which improves the health of cork trees and their surrounding ecosystem.
- Heavyweight Design which adds stability when you workout.
- High Grip Surface which provides you with traction as you workout.
- Renewable Cork Construction which provides you with comfort, durability and stability.
- Rounded Edges which give you a more comfortable workout.
Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block PROS – Good Points:
- Cork Construction:- The main benefit of the Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block is its cork construction. Cork combines the best features of foam yoga blocks (high level of grip on any surface) and wood yoga blocks (firm, solid surface to that will support you while working out), making it an all-round good performer. If you’ve always used foam or wood yoga blocks in the past, you’ll love how the Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block performs in comparison.
- Rounded Edges:- Another nice feature of the Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block is the rounded edges. Many yoga blocks have sharp edges which feel really uncomfortable and dig into your hands. These rounded edges eliminate this problem and are extremely comfortable when you place your hands on them, allowing you to get on with your workout without any distractions.
- Green, Fair Trade Company:- If you’re a big proponent of companies that care about the environment and their workers, you’ll love the Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block. The cork that’s used to make the block is harvested in a fully sustainable way which actually benefits the trees and their ecosystem. In addition to this, Hugger Mugger are renowned for their fair wage policies and never exploit their workers.
- Absorbs Sweat:- One final benefit of the Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block is that it absorbs sweat really well. Foam and wood blocks don’t do a brilliant job of absorbing sweat and as a result they become slippery and difficult to use mid-workout. However, the Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block stays dry regardless of how much you sweat and won’t slip from underneath you during your yoga session.
Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block Cons -Bad Points:
- Heavy:- One negative feature of the Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block is that it’s a lot heavier than a foam yoga block. This isn’t a huge problem and it’s not too heavy to carry. However, if you’re used to foam blocks, the extra weight does take a little getting used to and it’s something to be aware of before you buy.
As far as yoga blocks go, the Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block tick’s all the right boxes. It’s solid, sturdy, sweat absorbent and is comfortable to use. In addition to this, Hugger Mugger are a company with a heart and certainly play their part when it comes to helping the environment and underprivileged workers. It’s slightly heavier than a foam block but this is something you’ll barely even notice after a few sessions. Ultimately, the Hugger Mugger Cork Yoga Block is a top product from a top company and a valuable addition to your yoga equipment collection.